DEMI-LEIGH NEL-PETERS CELEBRATES HER FIRST MONTH AS MISS SOUTH AFRICA

DEMI-LEIGH NEL-PETERS CELEBRATES HER FIRST MONTH AS MISS SOUTH AFRICA

Images supplied by Ninesquared 

Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters celebrates her first month as Miss South Africa this week. It has been a busy time for the 21-year-old who has done numerous media interviews and appearances since winning the pageant.
 
She was at the launch of this year’s Cell C Take A Girl Child To Work Day® campaign with the honourable Ms Susan Shabangu, Minister of Women in the Presidency.  Nel-Peters is the 2017 goodwill ambassador and spokesperson for the initiative which will be celebrated countrywide on May 25.
 
Demi-Leigh also undertook her first official photoshoot – which took place at Execujet with photographer Jacques du Preez – following her win at Sun City on March 26.
 



Among all her official commitments, Nel-Peters also found time to return home to Sedgefield at Easter to spend time with her family and to see the community which has been so supportive of her.
 
Says Demi-Leigh: “My homecoming over the Easter weekend was extremely special. I was welcomed with open arms, warm hugs and big smiles. I got to celebrate with close friends and family at a small gathering on the Saturday. On Easter Sunday I took part in the Sedgefield Slow Festival parade where the whole town could meet me. I also had a photo and autograph opportunity, some fans stood in the queue for two and a half hours just to get a photo. It was definitely one of the most special days of my reign so far. 
 
“It has been a busy but wonderful time. I really thank all the South Africans I have met on my journey so far for being so supportive and I can’t wait to meet more of you. I don't think one will ever be 100 percent ready to be Miss South Africa. I think this is a role that one must grow and shape into, just like a new pair of shoes! However, being Miss South Africa has definitely exceeded all my biggest expectations. I never thought it would actually be this much fun. I am truly having the time of my life. I try to capture and appreciate all the small things along the way, because in the end the small things turn out to be the big things.”
 
Miss South Africa is a proud collaboration between Sun International and Cell C.
 
Go to:
Website: www.misssa.co.za
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MsSouthAfrica
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Official_MissSA
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMissSAPageant

Comments