Exclusive Interview with Jai Rodriguez for Reunion Road Trip on E!


Before the premiere of Reunion Road Trip on E! which brings TV stars together on E! I had a chat with Jai Rodriguez who stars on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and returning on our screens with Reunion Road Trip on E! 

With the limited time we had, the conversation we had was more like I had just spent half a day with him. Speaking to Jai telephonically he brought this amazing energy on the call and I quickly wish him a happy belated birthday as it was his birthday two days before our chat. He is thrilled and shares I'm the only South African who has done this after he has had a few other interviews before me, he gets even more excited to chat to me. 

We get into the main reason for the call, which is his participation on Reunion Road Trip on E! He shares with me how exciting was it for him to reconnect with his old friends and cast members on set of Reunion Road Trip on E!, he also mentions that yes it wasn't easy and the mood wasn't totally the same as there were Covid19 restricts as compared to the days of his time on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. 

I ask him what are some of his fondest moments he remembers from the set of Reunion Road Trip on E!, he quickly say, besides Covid19 restrictions he thoroughly enjoyed everything on set and mostly reconnecting with some of his old friends. Our chat is happening during Pride month, I ask him about the importance of allyship and inclusion in the media space, he mentions to me that he learnt the importance of this years ago during his time on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and he is excited to see where the world is moving when it comes to LGBTIQ+ content inclusivity on TV. 

With him having had an amazing time on the set of Reunion Road Trip on E! I ask him what can people expect on the show with the hope he will spill, he responds with encouraging people to watch the premiere on E! "I don't want to be bias and say what I think is fun for me and perhaps leave out some key things trying to not reveal too much, what I can assure you is that it's a lot of fun. Just watch the show when it premieres and you will see what I am talking about." Says Jai Rodriguez. 

He also shared that he can't wait to go back on tour and sing again, and when he does, South Africa is on top of his to do list. 

Reunion Road Trip on E! premiered on the 1st of August 2021 and continues Sundays at 9pm on E! (DStv Channel 124).



Reunion Road Trip on E! brings some of the most iconic TV casts back together for a day of laughs and reminiscing. Each episode reunites cast members from different shows, and they look back, share their favorite behind-the-scenes stories and examine the legacies of their extraordinary work.  

Comments