SCAM AT THE 12th METRO FM MUSIC AWARDS

With so much excitement around the 2nd largest awards show in the country (METRO FM MUSIC AWARDS), not everything is as glamorous as what you saw on TV last night on the live broadcast by SABC1 at 20h00. Besides the "cheating" of the results according to furious followers or rather say hard fans of the talented @ToyaDelazy @LloydCele and Donald who believe the results were cheated hence their favorite artists didn't win the awards they deserved to win... This matter is a bit complicated but I would believe the results were audited by an independent auditing company and they would not risk dragging their reputation down the mud, so I would think the results were fair, not that cheating the result was not possible.

Owk, enough about what really doesn't involve us that much, here is the real drama and scam behind the well produced production aired last night... Tickets! We all know everyone would do anything to be at the awards show, especially that they were hosted in Durban. I got to ICC at around about 10am to collect my accreditation to do the interviews on the black carpet as part of my show coming soon (lifestyle and entertainment show), guess what? I was not grantented the tickets because the #MMAs so important for now queen Happy Ngidi made it clear that she does not have more tickets to give out, and she does not recall sending me an e-mail to collect my tickets! Mind you I have proof of the e-mail that she sent me, when I wanted to show her the e-mail she was so R.U.D.E, spoken like a real farm girl who just found gold! "Im sorry but I am very busy, I have to go, and please note this is not the stadium where we can accommodate the whole world to attend the show" said Happy Ngidi, publicist to the MMAs. While I was still in shock, everyone around me was looking for Happy and she was no where to be found, didn't respond to any of her e-mails nor phone calls she didn't recognize. How unprofessional!

I overheard people talking on the side, " Happy always do this, she takes accreditation and give it to her friends and the media houses that she knows will expose her dirty tricks if she didn't give them tickets" one angry journalist said. While on the side, one of the girls she works with said "She knows she is so important for now and want people to bow to her just for the accreditation of 3 hours long show, poor women, its power trip". That to me said a lot about her and her office, oh well! Either way, we did get accreditation because we deserved it, for now, she must just make sure the job she does keeps her happy and able to sleep at night and wishing her all the best for the future xxx. While other people couldn't get their tickets with excuses like "someone picked up your tickets yesterday", "we cannot find you on the guest list", "we have run out of tickets" I mean all these excuses didn't make since, the tickets were given to friends or sold to people who have thick cash! There is no way someone you do not even know can come and pick up your tickets! NEVER!

Then there was another scam at the gates! Security selling V.I.P tickets for R300.00, I couldn't believe it!!! I mean you can NEVER find this at the Miss South Africa pageant, SA Fashion Week or South African Music Awards! My question to this is, where did the security get V.I.P tickets? (Those tickets available on invitation only by the awards show officials) It's obvious, they were selling it for someone who either works for METRO FM, SABC or other partners that means people who were supposed to get those tickets fairly didn't, how greedy can people be! And I'm thinking how many other things that happened at the show that was a scam!

Please share your thoughts bellow or on twitter @YayaRSA

Comments

  1. I only watched part of the show on SABC 1 and was shocked to see that only black South African artistes were up for awards,some of whom I've never heard of before? Where was Elvis Blue? There were many more big names missing. I actually gave up watching and switched over to Dstv and watched Ru Paul instead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment