HEAVY MAKE-UP & FALLING BOOBS AT THE GLAMOROUS MISS BLACK PRIDE 2014

On the 27th of September 2014 we headed to Club Simply Blue on 36 Roger Street, Sebly, Johannesburg for the most anticipated pageant of the year Miss Black Pride 2014.

Miss Black Pride 2014 winners 

Club Simply Blue is known for staging some of the best pageants in Johannesburg, South Africa, most of them that sees drag queens and transwomen battle for the tittle up for grabs. 

This time around it was no much of a difference besides falling boobs, heavy make up and some contestants looking like they just walked out of Bhara Hospital in Soweto! I mean, I was so disturbed seeing such and surely I was not the only one. 

Despite the perfect setting by the organizers and out of this world performances, some contestants had to make the pageant look like it a soup kitchen entertainment show from Emalahleni! 

While watching the pageant I was so certain that only two would have made the cut at the Miss Gay Jozi 2014 that was held early this year at Wits Theatre by Club Simply Blue

The MC's for the evening were sizzling fierceness!Loved the dress Miss host wore, stunner! 

My ultimate favorite for the evening was Muzi Zuma, talk about giving Tatum Keshwar a run for her money!... but there are a few things she still to polish. 
I was so disappointed on Cheaza Jaars, she is so gorgeous! Maybe I expected too much from her, I felt like she downgraded since I last saw her at Miss Gay Jozi where she placed as 2nd princess. 

Despite lack of research by the contestants to deliver a world class performance there had to be winners, at some point I felt like the judges drank too much champagne judging from their decision, but then again, it not like there would be drastic changes if there were to be any. 
Mr. Simply Blue, Musa looked cool in his formal wear, I could picture him the day he won and understood why, such a nice person too. Perfect match to Miss Simply Blue, (NOT dating, but as King & Queen) both looked apart.  

I was so happy that Thibi Monale won, finally! After so many attempts, I think it was high time she is Queen, I also think she will do great during her reign, she however looked like she felt on the make-up box! The make-up was way too much, in person and on camera, now that's a problem! 

Miss Black Pride winners: 
2nd Princess: Cheaza Jaars
1st Princess: Muzi Zuma
Miss Black Pride 2014: Thibi Monale  

Pictures to follow on the next post!

To interact with me please follow me on twitter and Instagram @YayaRSA See You all at Mzansi Pride 6 December 2014 at Constitution Hill. Find Mzansi Pride on Facebook! 

Comments

Post a Comment