D.U.R.A.M.A At Lebo Mathosa's Tribute Show #DramaQueen

Ever since the premier of #DramaQueen, a theatre production on Lebo Mathosa there was NEVER piece but D.U.R.A.M.A!!! As a Durbanite I thought I was missing out. I remember when I first read that two of my favourites, (@SindiNene & Khanyi Mbau) are playing Lebo Mathosa I was ‘’over the moon’’!
A part of me was worried though because I know Khanyi Mbau is vocally challenged especially if it’s anything to compare to Lebo Mathosa, then I thought maybe she is there for acting purposes only. Mind you I was not sure if it’s a musical or drama as nothing on the marketing materials could really be specific on what it was. (Not that there was any I bumped into, not even the free facebook event updates) I saw some of the personalities tweeting about it and also on Sindi Nene’s website.  On the day of #DramaQueen premier I read NOTHING but negative comments from most well known names such as Lebo Mathosa, Koyo Bala and more… The day after I read a publication by Daily Sun that the show was a disaster! Personally, I thought they were being jealous and wanted to give the show a bad name because they were probably not given V.I.P treatment as they expected or they weren’t part of it.
Some of the reviews were about Sello (Producer of #DramaQueen) failing to portray there real Lebo Mathosa as on stage there was nothing but blonde wigs one of the disappointed fans said, another one said she felt like she was in a very disorganized concert, another saying Khanyi Mbau can’t sing! I was in tears reading such comments.


 Sindi Nene & Sello Maake ka Ncube
Thursday after the show premiered 4 characters were reported to be sick and couldn’t make it to the show, DISTER I tell U!!! Only Khanyi Mbau was left standing and that led to the show being cancelled for four days L, when Sello was asked for comments he said one of the actresses had flue and infected the other girls, really now Sello, like we believe you!!!! We all know there was more than just flue in that backstage. The next day Londiwe Mthembu and two other people left the show and said it was “unbearable” and when Sello was asked to comment sain “No, they didn’t quit, I fired them” D.U.R.A.M.A I tell you. No I wish the stage concept was as dramatic as the show is reported to be the worst we have had in SA theater productions. Even Lebo Mathosa’s family is very disappointed apparently and they feel Lebo’s character is not well portrayed. Sello, you need to catch a wake up my dear if rumours are really true.
While I thought owk… things are getting better, the narrator of the show Rami Chuene quitted the show, tweeting her twitter followers and said: “No, I’m not doing Drama Queen anymore, it’s enough to raise Lebo from the dead! Hell, no!” then she twitted again “Scripts changes every day, tantrums all over and cast spoken to like two-years-olds and still no direction of where the show needs to go.” The director of the show Sello was not aware that Rami left he said he thought she is booked off for a few days. Like really now Sello, week before the show finishes and you have staff booked off for few days? Mhmmm.  Today while I was watching my favourite show @VEntertainment on @vuzutv they reported that Lebo Mathosa has left the show, L not another one Sello! Apparently the self proclaimed Queen of Bling “Khanyi Mbau sent Sello an SMS that she is pulling off from the show to promote her book, and Im thinking didn’t the girls have contracts? Poor, poor, poor planning Sello. When Sello was asked for comments he said: “No, Khanyi didn’t pull off, I fired her because she was disrespectful and sent me an SMS that she need a day off to “promote” her book.” It looks like by the 9th there will be no one on stage for the closing if Sello keep on “FIRING” cast. He should be sorting out the script!
Share your thoughts about this or interact with me on twitter @Yaya_Longoria

Comments

Post a Comment