Fans demanded more songs from LIRA, Jonny Clegg & Toya Delazy at #ECRDurbanDay

#ECRDurbanDay line-up brought some of the hottest acts on the South African music scene, with the fiercely popular rock band The Parlotones, to the hugely acclaimed Jonny Clegg, the local KZN songstress Toya Delazy and rich silky sound of LIRA the concert was on the other level. One would swear you are at the Glastonbury Festival.



Pity when I got to the fest, @Khayamthethwa and @shekhinald from @IdolsSA top 10 had already performed whom I really wanted to see performe as I have never experience them live but I think I got there at the perfect moment when @ToyaDelazy was getting on stage. O.M.G, the audience of more than 10 000 people went mad when she performed. She sang her hit songs from her debut album Due Drop and the crowd sang along with stunning dance moves. When Toya sang an acoustic of one of her singles made most people cry which she interpreted as a song that speaks to her journey from where she comes from to where she is today. She was really one of the highlight of the day and I am hoping to see more of her in Durban Concerts. Dont forget to get her latest hit album DueDrop at Musica and Look & Listen


Toya Delazy

Then there was Jonny Clegg, for a moment I forgot his age, such energetic individual! I was blown away, I looked at the back as I was in the front row and all I could see were people screaming and some people asking for Jabulani and some of his hits singles, no wonder the man sold over 5 million copies in South Africa, hes very good. As much as I would like to say Impi was the highlight of his performances but he had more than that single to fans asking for more, especially songs from his new album Human which is instores now. The moment he stepped out of the stage people got carried away and asked him to sing more songs, he tried ignoring it but fans wouldn’t take “no” for an answer and kept screaming ‘we want more’ until he decided to come back on stage and do two more songs which blew the crowd away and got them jumping like you would see fans at Beyonce & Lady Gaga concert.


Miss LIRA

And the queen arrived, everyone would agree with me, there is NO show without the biggest name in Africa @Miss_LIRA! There are actually no perfect words to describe her, I thought platinum and one fan said no babby, platinum is used for randoms too when when they get lucky. I agreed! WOW, LIRA is amazing, she came through and people went MAD before she could start singing or saying anything, her energy is on another level, the last time I saw someone so energetic was when I saw @Beyonce perform End Of Time and Tiner Turner performing Simply The Best, that’s how LIRA was on stage for me. Not just because I’m her #1 fan but the audience agreed with me when they didn’t want her to leave the stage and kept calling her name, they also sang every song along, memoriable moments. She communicated with each one of her audience in different ways. When she sang Phakade from her latest album Return To Love most of the audiences cried, me included. I can say she sang it from the heart. Other songs she performed were Something Inside So Strong which was requested by her fans on twitter and facebook she said, she continued blessing us with Hamba, Ngiyazifela and more. Closing her performance with her remix of Feel Good with the mixes of Hlokoloza, LAFMO’s Sexy & I Know It, Rihana’s We Found Love and other dance tracks from SA artists which I thought her version was far more entertaining. Cherry on top was @Miss_LIRA recognizing her twitter followers and fans in the audience and tweeting them after, which I am one of them J I would suggest you get yourself her latest DVD, The Captured Tour at R160.00 from all good music stores if you would like to see more of her everyday.
As much as I couldnt watch The Parlotones perfom, but all in all the #ECRDurbanDay was at another level and I’m sure everyone had fun, also looking forward to the next years show. Fore more interactions follow me on twitter @Yaya_Longoria or comment on this post xxx.

Comments

Post a Comment