Miss eThekwini 2012 turns into a cheap township pagent

Friday the 28th was the night meant to be all Glitz & Glam but turned to a little township pageant and a complete disaster. For a pageant that has been going on for so many years and that is eThekwini region as a whole and also with the budget from eThekwini municipality it supposed to be the top notch!

  • First it was the marketing, pathetic is almost the perfect word to describe it. There was nothing, as in nothing! How are people suppose to know about the pageant? I, myself got to know about it through one of the sponsors for the show.
  • The opening sequence, I dint know what to say, either do it right or not at all!
  • Then timing, Jesus Christ!!! The last thing anyone ever want is to be at the pageant for more than 2 hours, but Miss eThekwini went on for 6 hours and I'm still wondering why? I really didn't understand.
  • The food!! The food people, honestly, I cant! How do people run up and down going to queue to dish the food while the pageant is on? What happened to platters? Finger snacks for VIP only? Not the whole City Hall queueing to dish curry and rice :-/
  • Red Capet on stage and people pulling it up and down during the show, I have never seen this in my life, this is why you need a professional producer for such "big shows"
  • Then there was  the video guy! For a second I thought it was the rehearsals and the guy is on training. Having a video guy running around on stage and taking clips of the girls in their face? NO!!! We don't want to see the video guy on stage, but the contestants, mc and performances. I felt people who paid their R110.00 for tickets were insulted and it was threw back in their faces!
  • 1000 performances, and BAD! The only performances people were looking forward to was Zakes Bantwini and they went and put it right at the end after crowning, like really?
  • Some of the contestants didn't have evening gowns, and I'm thinking, why? How did that happen?
  • As for the gift wrapping, :-( I really didn't want to see that the winner went home with Ricoffy as one of her prizes. I didn't and I'm sure no one wanted that. There is something called flowers, that what you give the winner on stage and the rest is sorted at the backstage!
There is just so much that was up side down at that pageant, people need to respect Durban City Hall for starters, also the tittle of Miss eThekwini too.

Here is the queen and her princesses:


Anele Zitha (1st Princess), Zama Xulu (Miss eThekwini 2012) and Nondumiso Mula (2nd Princess)

For more interactions please follow me on twitter @Yaya_Longoria


Comments

  1. Awemur imfazwe daling

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh you finish me MIss Longoria, i LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gеnuinely no matter if somеone doesn't be aware of afterward its up to other users that they will assist, so here it occurs.

    Look into my blog post :: reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Τhere. I discoѵered your weblog the usage of msn.
    This is a гeally neatly ωritten аrticle.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

    Here is my page Lloyd Irvin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment