BEST PERFORMANCES AT MISS GAY JOZI 2014

Pictures by Luiz - Mambaonline

I'm not a fussy girl, nor do I get all excited easily. Saturday the 17th of May I made my way to Wits Theatre, Johannesburg for Miss Gay Jozi 2014. I was not in my best mood as my "partner" for the evening had to work so had to do it on my own. Shucks! 
Luckily Maureen Majola and Smanga Shange were up for it and whoop we attended the prestigious pageant. I must say, as always, I struggled with what to wear, trying so hard to look simply and not be in a predictable designer dress. I looked at my David Tlale dress and was tempted to to wear it but I thought, NO! Maybe for another event. 

To my surprise, I found myself singing along and dancing to most performances by the entertainers at the pageant. My ultimate favourite was Labelz D'Glamor when she did Waka Waka by Shakira, thumbs up! I must say, the Simpy Blue Girls know the right songs for the right events, talk about perfection! 


Labelz D'Glamour performing Waka-Waka

I don't want to talk about Musa Bengu who was co-host with Zsa-Zsa Whitney Gabor-Houston because I will come across as a mean girl and I'm not. 


I must say, besides the fact that Zsa-Zsa is so good at what she does I love her for being so humble, humbleness will take you far! What an amazing MC she was, so dignified! I was so impressed. Loved the outfits she wore. 

Zsa-Zsa Whitney Gabor-Houston (Joh, that name is so long! I nearly bit my tongue)



When a girl from the Eastrand, Daveyton takes over! The best cocktail wear was definitely by Somizi and Miss Tee who are both from Daveyton. Stunners! 


Miss Tee Menu, 19. From Daveyton who won Miss Gay Jozi 2014 tittle wore the cocktail outfit best! 


Somizy from Daveyton who placed on the Top 6 but could not satisfy the judges with her answer.  


I shall NOT comment about this. Not in a bad way

Afrikaaner grown women. I missed this performance, would probably not understand a word anyway. 

Gorgeous Manila Von Teez who was one of the judges and delivered a killer performance at Club Simply Blue at the after party. Next to her is the girl (Lala Lecage) who try so hard to be a mean girl but simply doesn't work. She probably didn't do her fittings, the dress isn't fitting properly and it looks like a  dress from China Town if not Oriental Plaza.

This girl is a Miss Universe kind of a girl and she was on FIRE! Sadly she couldn't answer the judges question. Beauty gone to waste :-(. 


I'm proud of Dino Abrahams and Jerome Camp from Club Simply Blue for making this girl who she is today. She have grown, she wasn't my favourite when she won Miss Gay Soweto 2012 but today she is what we call perfection and her name is Blue :-)

  

 Winners! The 1st & 2nd Princesses were just lucky that there was no one else who could take their spot as they both dismally failed to answer the judges questions. Destroying Club Simply Blue's hard work! So disappointing!
Congratulations are in order to Miss Tee Menu, 19, from Daveyton who nailed the final question. 


Thank You to Club Simply Blue and Zsa-Zsa Whitney Gabor-Houston for such a great show and after party. 

To interact with me please follow me on twitter and Instagram @YayaRSA








Comments

Post a Comment