Idols Top 9 - THE BEST & THE LUKE-WARM

Once again, this past Sunday we were out at Idols live show at the State Theater in Pretoria. 
The theme was songs for strings and contestants were mentored by Parlotons lead singer. 



First up it was Karabo who sang Adele's Rolling In The Deep, this guy is such a winner! He did great, made this powerful song his own. I am worried about him so much, I do pray South Africa proves me wrong and vote for him because he deserves to be in the Top 3. 
I was happy when Somizi advised him that even if things don't go his was in the competition, he must NOT be a back up singer. Good Luck Karabo! 

Sphelele Ngcobo, such powerful singer but not impressive performance! We know the dude can sing, can he now perform for us? Can we get excited? Can we say YES! I am missing that as a South African who is eager to vote for him. 

Loyiso is that kind of a child that listens! His parents taught him well! He delivered a great performance! Big ups to him. He is so deserving of our votes! Do best South Africa. 

Elwira, she sounded like a church girl! Still loved her though. 

For the first time I was thrilled by Lungisa! He sang Eric Benet’s Hurricane and SLAYED! Hope he carries on like this. This is what South Africa wants. 

Mmatema was such a disappointment!  My favorite girl, she sang a song which I think South Africa didn't get, and will not understand it. 
She's a great vocalist an she deserve to go through to the next round.
When she explained her performance to me she mentioned that this was her telling everyone that she is a warrior, nothing will bring her down. She mentioned that this was her second attempt on Idols SA but she didn't make the cut. Maybe contestants should explain their song choices to SA before performing? That might help them win our hearts. 

Broken Hearted Girl by Beyonce was SLAYED by Dineo. She said she loves Beyonce and I get it! I believe her. Judging from the performance, she's a fan, a focused fan. She was so calm and she delivered! Big ups! 

Rhema! 
I am such a John Legend fan and I do not like it when people do his music and don't deliver. 
I hope South Africa vote for him because I think he is so deserving to be here, he just need to work on his song choices. S.A, let's save him bawo. 

Amanda is the one!  Kelly Clarkson’s "Because of you" was a perfect song for her and she delivered! The theater went M.A.D because she stood there and performed! All the best to her and I hope she makes the Top 3. 

Poor Nadia, we all saw it coming, she saw it coming. Her journey on Idols SA came to an end on Sunday. She said she will be moving to JoBurg and want to try acting and will of course work on her music still.

Who was your favorite, who are you voting for, why? Interact with me here @YayaRSA on twitter.


 



Comments